Surprisingly impressive footage!

Rachel

I'm a Canon fangirl through and through, but this past weekend I had the opportunity to use the PMW-EX1R XDCAM EX to film a wedding, and it takes amazing footage. I was pleasantly surprised by how vivid the footage turned out, and by the amount of features that they've packed into such a compact camera. This one has me rethinking my loyalty.

Rapp

That's great! Is it a small compact camera? What is the cost? I'm looking for a lighter yet new camera. I've always liked Canons and have never owned a Sony.

Sweet Takes

Tell us more! What features are included. I'm looking for a compact camera so I would love to hear more. I love reviews from actual users.

Ryan

Ha! Don't you just love (or hate) it when that happens LOL. I have also experienced moments like these when I thought to myself: do I really need to be using only that brand? As consumers, there is nothing wrong with finding a new and better version of the products and services we use, even if it means rethinking our loyalty :D

Rachel

Tell us more! What features are included. I'm looking for a compact camera so I would love to hear more. I love reviews from actual users.
It's perfect for shooting live events! I was operating as a second shooter, and I was able to pick it up with no problem because the menu is that easy to navigate. The buttons aren't overly sensitive, which is a nice change from my Canon. Even in low light, it took a vivid picture. I'm considering getting one for my studio.
@Rapp, it's not cheap, but apparently they last a long time. The one I was using was bought in 2015 and had been used for countless events.

Len S

This one has me rethinking my loyalty.
Is that all it takes, Rachel? A prettier face? Lol

But no, I'm thinking if the photos or videos come out at a higher quality, you should get more referrals and work, which will help offset the difference in price.

Rachel

Is that all it takes, Rachel? A prettier face? Lol
Not at all. I've used Canon's line of cameras and lenses since I got into the business, because they had a great reputation among my peers. When Sony began producing cameras and tried to compete, I mostly heard negative feedback about their line. So, I've never bought one and didn't have high expectations of what it could do. Some of their cameras have a lower price point than Canon's line, too. Who doesn't want to save money? That bit is enticing enough to make the switch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc