Ideal Duration

Plankton

Documentaries can be engaging, educational, or both depending on the topic and its method of explanation. It can be convenient to watch a 1-hr documentary but more than that, the viewer can start to lose interest. When do you watch a documentary until the end? Would you prefer a 30-minute documentary over long ones?

PictureHub

For me, it doesn't matter how long it is; I will watch any documentary to the end. I never lose interest because documentaries narrate events as they happened, so no fiction is involved.

Beck

If it's too long for you to watch in its entirety, you can record it. Like 3 or 4 hours is too long for me, but if it's a fascinating topic and well-made, I will go back to it.

Markshot 12

It has to be about ancient history or aliens to keep my attention. Seriously. I like hearing little-talked-about subjects like that. The length doesn't matter as long as the subject matter is good.

Lily Stew

I'd watch any documentary about food and history. It doesn't matter how long it'll be since I'm fond of those topics. The suitable duration may also vary depending on the subject. Other documentaries wouldn't work out if they're not able to present all the information needed.

Stephen

I think it all depends on what the documentary is about. If it's something about space, history or animals, I could definitely binge-watch one for hours.

Terry

It has to be about ancient history or aliens to keep my attention. Seriously. I like hearing little-talked-about subjects like that. The length doesn't matter as long as the subject matter is good.
Oh I could watch documentaries about aliens for hours on end. There was (or still is) a show called Ancient Aliens, and I remember watching one episode after the other for days.

Anastasia

Any documentaries about ancient Egypt would get my attention and keep it for hours. I am so fascinated by ancient history, and especially ancient Egypt.

Sweet Takes

Honestly if the topic was of interest to me, the longer the better. If it is something that I have to watch, but have zero interest, 30 minutes is enough!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ryan