Collectors Item?...........Maybe?

Vid Syd

Since the F35 is basically obsolete, could it be a collectors item in 2028 when it's 20 years old? Technically speaking you could still use it if you're an independent film maker, but still.

Flair

I nearly dropped my laptop when I read that the F35 cost $250,000 back in 2008!
As there was only 213 of them ever made, I reckon that if you have a pristine model it could very well become a collector's item, but it might take longer than 2028.

Last edited:

Len S

That, and how active the photography collectible market is. Collectibles truly are items that are only worth what someone is willing to pay. This is especially true with vintage photographs as well.

ShutterUp

I nearly dropped my laptop when I read that the F25 cost $250,000 back in 2008!
As there was only 213 of them ever made, I reckon that if you have a pristine model it could very well become a collector's item, but it might take longer than 2028.
This one shocked me as well, and back then, it found use in episodic television, major motion pictures, and commercials! The Sony F35 is an older camera that can still be useful today, despite a few pitfalls.

Vid Syd

The Sony F35 is an older camera that can still be useful today, despite a few pitfalls.
Yeah, but think of the conversation pieces you could hang on your wall by taking pictures with it. I can live with minor pitfalls if I could get that to happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lily Stew