Android Remote Necessity

The Aire

Just how necessary is this option? I know it's just an option, but is Sony adding this just because they can? Or is there a practical use for this?

Beck

I think this might fall under the heading of a "niche feature". Enough people probably threw the idea out there for Sony to do something about it.

Flair

I can see how this could be very useful for taking "candid" photographs.
You know the kind of un-posed, spontaneous pictures that photographers seek when working with bands, for example, or many other portraits?
There is even an app for Android wristwatches. Imagine that you are standing away from your set-up, looking like you are checking the time, but still taking pictures!

Markshot 12

This is a bit out of my league, but it seems it would be used if the operator wants to be included in a shot. Like if he or she see's a rare bird they want to record and wants to be seen with it.

Reel Media

Most cams have remote possibilities, though, so I'm not sure why they've made that a big selling point. I do think it's a useful feature, particularly if you're running a YouTube channel or something similar.

Goldflash

I think this might fall under the heading of a "niche feature". Enough people probably threw the idea out there for Sony to do something about it
Or they simply reminded Sony that this tech has been around for decades. Film cameras had this option. Self-shot family portraits got done this way.

Things get forgotten about as generations pass, and most people just forgot all about it.

PictureHub

I am hearing about this for the first time, and I am wondering how this works? Is it a kind of smart technology that you can use to link a camera to another device?

JamesinJ

I think that it is a neat feature, but I also don't know if I would find it useful or practical in my usual photography. If I had one, I would probably use it intermittently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc